The entire Sindh, particularly Karachi, is observing a complete shutter-down and wheel-jammed strike on call of the Jeay Sindh Qaumi Mahaz (JSQM).

In the meantime, unidentified persons set ablaze eighth vehicles and three train compartments in different localities of the province.

On suspicions of tampering in slain party chief Bashir Qureshi’s post-mortem report, the JSQM called a province-wide strike on Wednesday. Despite the call for strike, the day started as usual. However, certain incidences of violence were reported early morning.

The protest demonstrations were held in various localities of Karachi, including Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Gulistan-e-Jauhar and Gulshan-e-Hadeed.

Apart from Karachi, all business activities came to a grinding halt in big and small cities of the province, including Sukkur, Nawabshah, Larkana, Khairpur, Tando Muhammad Khan, Mirpurkhas, Mithi, Islam Kot and Sakrand.

According to the media reports some armed men opened fire in early morning in Hyderabad and other parts of the province and force traders to shut their shops while miscreants gutted two rail wagons in Kotri and torched a truck and Bus in provincial metropolis.

A bus with guests on board the way to attend a wedding in Nawabshah from Rahim Yar Khan (RYK) was stopped by assailants who forced the wedding party off the bus and set it on fire.

Some unidentified men pelted motorists with stones in Nawabshah and torched two cars and one bus. Few cracker blasts and firing incidents were also reported when the police arrested JSQM activists from different localities of Sindh.

JSQM Secretary Genereal Asif Baladi claimed that Qureshi didn’t die of heart attack instead he was killed by state elements. Due to law and order situation, Hyderabad Board of Education postponed exams scheduled for today.

Bashir Qureshi on April 7, 2012 was on his way to Khairpur when he felt chest pain and was rushed to a private hospital. However, he did not survive due to abrupt cardiac arrest.

The party, however, had rejected the cause of death of their chief’s demise, demanding a thorough investigation into his mysterious death.

The 53-year old leader was born in Rato Dero. Party workers have regarded Qureshi’s death as a major setback for the Sindhi nationalist movement. The deceased is survived by a wife and eight children.