This article is a continuation of ‘The midwife that killed infants – Part 1’.

The exact number of victims is unknown, but the confirmed cases indicate that Miyuki killed at least 103 newborns. His modus operandi was to deny care to infants until they died of hunger and thirst and exhausted by the constant cries weakened them and ended
up dying suffocated.

This disgusting practice made all the midwives of the maternity hospital Kotobuki submit his resignation immediately. While Ishikawa started with its wave of infanticide, once the baby was born she left and so perished in the absence of care.

But Miyuki did not stop and soon started a business with her husband Takeshi death, convincing the parents to pay about 4000 yen, an amount that did not compare to the costs that keep these children represent "unwanted". In return she would rid them of the
burden permanently.

For the correct operation of their macabre plan had an accomplice to Dr. Shiro Nakayama, whose job was to falsify death certificates with the help of his assistant Masako Kishi 25. To cover their actions gave bribes criminals in the Shinjuku district offices.

Cases like this hit the region of Japan since 1930, when he accused the residents of Itabashi for murdering 41 children. While in 1933 Hatsutaro Kawamata was arrested on charges of killing 25 children.

The Japanese government was aware of this crisis, but did nothing about it because the newborn had no rights. Thus, cases of infanticide were only seen as a situation where the baby received a wound that killed him, this is according to the criminal code
of Japan since 1907.

The criminal career of murderous midwife ended January 12, 1948, when two officers of the Police Department investigated the house Waseda Nagasaki Ryutaro, who worked for a funeral.

Near the house of Ryutaro were found 5 suspicious crates, after interrogating the man of 54 years on the boxes, this revealed that came from Kotobuki maternity hospital and his job was taking them to the crematorium.

The officers arrested Ryutaro, once in the police station the man confessed that he had done the same with 30 boxes and each child received the sum of 500 yen.