Bob Arum, who is often accused of being an impediment to Pacquiao-Mayweather, has said that he is hoping to get a Mayweather fight for his man on November 10 but on the same note he has admitted that the chances of setting up a mega-fight with the American are not very bright since he has just been released from jail.
While taking to the media Arum revealed that the Filipino boxing icon, Pacquiao, will return to the ring on November 10 and he has yet not decided about the opponent.
“I gotta tell Manny what I can afford for each fight and we need to talk about each fight, but he makes his own decision,” Arum said. “I’ve talked to him once earlier in the summer and he’s been thinking about what he wants to do. He’s going to fight on Nov. 10.”
Arum believes a mega-showdown with Mayweather, who is the current WBC welterweight champion, WBA (Super) light middleweight champion and recipient of the WBC Diamond belt, will take place after March next year.
Arum said, “I just hope we will be able to get the Mayweather fight done. I don’t think we can do it in November with Mayweather just being released from jail and so forth. I have had no signal from anybody on his side that he would be back so quick for a fight Nov. 10. I would think if we can make a deal it would be in the spring, in April, after March Madness.”
Arum stated that if he doesn’t get any call from Mayweather camp then he will look forward to a rematch with Miguel Cotto or a fourth fight with Juan Manuel Marquez.
Timothy Bradley secured a highly controversial split decision over Pacquiao in June. Therefore many out there want to see a rematch between Pacquiao and Bradley. However, Arum reckons Cotto and Marquez both have a huge fan base and a fight with them will do a lot more business than a rematch with Bradley.
Well, all said and done, let’s see Manny Pacquiao fights whom this time.