Former two-weight world champion Ricky ‘the Hitman’ Hatton, who announced his return to the ring earlier this month, will take on Vyacheslav Senchenko on November 24 at the Manchester Arena in Manchester and he is confident of a win.

Hatton is coming out of retirement following a three-and-a-half-year exile from the ring. Therefore, many out there don’t think he will be able to produce the same level of performance for which he was known once.

However, the popular Brit feels the strict training which he has done in the past several months will help him overcome the 35-year-old Ukrainian.

While speaking on his inclusion, Hatton told the media that he knows Senchenko will not be a cake walk for him but he is still confident of a win.

Hatton said: “I can’t wait to get in the ring now and I’m sure that Vyacheslav Senchenko will give me a good fight. It’s one that I am confident I can win though.

“Senchenko lost the last time he fought to Paulie Malignaggi but he has got a good pedigree. I’m in great shape, I’m feeling good and I know I can put on a performance for all those watching.

“I’m a boxer who loves boxing and loves to box. I’m driven by a hunger to box and look forward to getting back in the ring on the 24th.”

Well, all said and done, the selection of Vyacheslav Senchenko is the proof that Hatton certainly wants to prove something this time.

“I don’t want to be fighting at four or six-round levels – I want to fight for world titles,” Hatton said in formally announcing his comeback earlier this month. “It’s about more than money, this comeback. People say nice things about me but they don’t know what’s been going on in between my ears.”

Let’s see if Ricky Hatton can really shrug off Vyacheslav Senchenko in a dominant way on November 24 because a good win over the Ukrainian can lead him to the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather junior.

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY