The transport ministers of Malaysia and China were interviewed Monday in the Australian capital Canberra with his Australian counterpart Warren Truss and Angus Houston, Chief of the Australian agency that coordinates the pursuit of Boeing 777- 200ER Malaysia Airlines disappeared last March 8 with 239 people on board. The tre ministers have pledged Monday not to abandon the search for the plane, and have drawn a roadmap that establishes the following phases of the operation, starting with a new search in a wide area of the marine estate.

On Wednesday, in addition, further analysis of the data available to the authorities, the new information collected will be added in the final stages of the search will start. “We have reached a stage where it is necessary to re-analyze all the data that have been collected to be sure that there are no faults, all assumptions, deductions and conclusions are correct,” said Houston.

“Unfortunately, all efforts so far have not led to any results. Probably new equipment, a new submersible and sonar needed a new, and in many cases providers are private companies,” said Transport Minister Warren Truss.

Since the disappearance of flight MH370 March 8, search operations have failed to find the remains of the aircraft, which disappeared from radar after taking off from Kuala Lumpur bound for Beijing.

Experts have narrowed the search area of the device, which is believed to have crashed in the Indian Ocean about 1,600 kilometers northwest of the Australian city of Perth, on the western end of the country.

After several weeks of fruitless search for the wreckage, Australian authorities decided to suspend the search from the air and surface to focus efforts on finding the plane underwater.

The new search phase of the aircraft will cost about 60 million dollars (40 million euros) and begin when the existing radar data are analyzed and a company that has the necessary equipment to doe this task, have informed the Australian authorities following a meeting in Canberra.

Payment for the new phase of the search aircraft is one of the main problems facing the authorities, has admitted Truss, who has left the door open for Boeing, the aircraft manufacturer, and Rolls Royce, head of motor to provide funds.

“Have also expressed a desire to know what happened to the flight MH370 to continue relying on the quality of product or adopt solutions if any part of the aircraft contributed to this accident,” said Truss.

“I think it will look to increase the involvement of manufacturers and their countries,” he added. Last week, the Malaysian government released the most detailed account of what could have happen to flight MH370, with the possible route followed and confusion generated by the accident story.

The authorities have said they will now focus on an area of about 60,000 square kilometers of seabed in the Indian Ocean, so the search will continue for at least eight months. U.S. President Barack Obama has promised to allocate more resources to the search for the plane, but government sources have indicated that the United States will begin to claim the costs of employing sonar equipment deployed to try to find the plane of Malaysia Airlines.

Last weekend, the U.S. announced that just keep rolling out its unmanned underwater vehicle Bluefin -21 for a month, putting pressure on the authorities in Malaysia, China and Australia, which are those that should afford a extension of that deployment.

Authorities in Malaysia, China and Australia will meet again in Canberra on Wednesday to determine the next steps to be taken to continue the search for Malaysia Airlines tickets and decide who pays for these operations.

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY