In a recent bid to escape justice, it appears that Shahrukh Jatoi is employing all efforts. According to the latest reports, jail authorities have refused to present Jatoi before a judicial magistrate in Malir, Karachi, who is hearing the case of Jatoi’s 2013 foreign escape after he murdered Shahzeb Khan.
Jatoi had been convicted earlier for the murder of Khan, but he escaped justice at the time by escaping abroad through deception. When the jail authorities did not produce Jatoi before the judge, he came down hard on them and ordered for the convict to be produced in court.
Meanwhile the jail authorities maintained the stance that Jatoi is convicted and due to security reasons, he cannot be presented before the court. In response to this, the court said that the jail authorities are responsible for providing security and asked him to be presented before the court.
Officials from the jail further said that the convict is on bail in the case and is obliged to imprisonment. On the other hand, the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) officials say that five years have passed and even now Jatoi could not be indicted.
The case has been hit with delays for the past five years due to Shahrukh Jatoi’s consistent absence. Five culprits have filed bail application due to the delay of the case.
Jatoi murdered Khan on December 27, 2012 and escaped to some other country in early 2013. Later, he was nabbed at the airport and what gave him away was a CCTV footage from the airport.
After that, a case was filed against him for trying to escape the country after the murder.