Linkedin profit soars

Friday, February 8th, 2013 7:01:07 by

LinkedIn, a social network for professionals unlike Facebook or Twitter, has improved their economic performance in each quarter dramatically.

According to official results, their revenue increased by 81% to $ 304 million in the last quarter and the profits of the company reportedly rose to $ 11.5 million compared to 6.9 a year ago.

The earnings of LinkedIn were $ 972 million in 2012 compared to 522 million dollars in 2011. The influx of money, unlike other social networks, depends less on advertising and subscriptions over its users, both job seekers and
those who offer it.

LinkedIn has become an essential tool for head-hunters and companies dedicated to employment. In times of crisis, when advertising falls, unemployment rises and the need to be connected professionally with the risk of job loss.

Revenues from corporate subscriptions doubled in the last quarter ($ 161 million) compared to 2011, while subscription revenue given the premium of persons (register for free) increased by 80% (60 million dollars in the quarter).

Those successful international expansion contribute professional network which reports 62% of their income while the remaining 38% comes from the U.S. LinkedIn now faces the challenge of making more out of it to become one of the
largest professional network.

Tags: , ,

Short URL:

Posted by on Feb 8 2013. Filed under Sci-Tech. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

You must be logged in to post a comment Login


Photo Gallery

Unique Auction UAE
Log in