HP launches its first Windows 8 hybrid laptop, HP Envy x2 – Part 2

Tuesday, September 4th, 2012 3:32:03 by

As for specifications, the Envy x2 runs on an Intel X86 processor, though details on what version are still unknown. A full-version Windows 8 is pre-installed with all its goodies. However, the demo piece had more free- and bloat-ware in it, which would eventually be shaved off at the launch.

The device has a docking port at the bottom to attach to the keyboard. The 11.6-inch screen is covered from all sides with a thick black bezel. The middle of the top bezel has an HD camera but without any megapixel details. On the flip side, there is an 8-megapixel snapper also with HD qualities. The top left corner has a volume rocker and opposite side has the power button. The middle of the bottom bezel has a home button with the new Windows logo embossed.

The tablet and the dock are made up of aluminium body which gives an exquisite look to the device overall. The volume rocker and power button are also made of aluminium to keep up with overall design.

The dock has an island-style keyboard, found mostly in the current wave of laptops and ultrabooks. The size of the keyboard is small because of the display constraints but is not uneasy for bigger hands compared to other tablet docks. The track-pad is quite responsive but PC-makers have seriously got to probe deeper into the responsiveness to complete with Mac products.

There are one HDMI, two USB ports, one power jack on either spine of the dock. The battery inside the dock provides 45 percent of the time while the battery inside the tablet churns the other 55 percent. However, computer is programmed to use up the dock battery first.

The most interesting part of the device is its docking clip that is as slick as it can get. It even has magnets to guide it into the port. Moreover, the latch can be operated with only one hand, it is that good to be used and the docking does not get any difficulties while attaching.

Overall the device is of good quality and will be a great product from HP in upcoming Windows 8 competition. However, the only limitation is its price that will certainly be $1000 or above because of the brand name and build quality.

Tags: , , , , ,

Short URL: https://www.newspakistan.pk/?p=32109

Posted by on Sep 4 2012. Filed under Sci-Tech. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Join WishFree.com

Photo Gallery

Unique Auction UAE
Log in